***Important message for cat boarding*** [updated 09.02.21]
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we would like to reassure all of our JSPCA customers that we have updated some of our procedures in order to look after our customers and staff.
When you arrive at the JSPCA Animals’ Shelter to drop-off your cat:
- Please bring your cat to reception
- Whilst you complete the paperwork, one of our cattery staff members will take your cat into the inspection room for their health check
- Once the health check is complete, the cattery staff member and cat will then return to reception
- You can then leave and the cattery staff member will then take your cat to the cattery
When you return, please follow our ‘pick-up’ procedure outlined below.
If you have a cat boarding with us, when you return to the JSPCA Animals’ Shelter to collect your cat:
- Please park in the visitors’ car park and remain in your car
- Telephone reception to let us know you have arrived (01534 724331)
- A member of the cattery team will bring your cat to the car
PLEASE NOTE: if you are returning from a country/area requiring self isolation on arrival into Jersey, please do not come and collect your cat as you should be self isolating. Please ask a friend/family member to collect your cat on your behalf.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation
JSPCA Cattery Boarding Service
The JSPCA offers cat boarding in a modern, comfortable and safe environment, leaving you worry-free whilst away from home and confident that your cat is secure and happy. Our cattery team provides the ultimate in quality cat care, ensuring your cat feels relaxed and loved while you are away.
What we offer:
- Large glass fronted kennel
- Access to their own outside run
- Fully trained members of staff dedicated to your cat’s welfare
- Kennels cleaned daily
- Kennels are designed utilising materials in a manner to reduce cross infection between cats
- Meals included*
- Medication administered*
- Cat pairs can stay together in one kennel if preferred
- Unlimited supply of hugs and kisses
* Food is provided unless your cat is on a specialised diet. Medications can be administered if required. Unfortunately, we are unable to administer insulin.
Up-to-date vaccinations are essential, and proof must be provided in the form of a veterinary vaccination certificate.
- All prices include the above
- Your cat will be treated like family whilst in our care, and by using the JSPCA boarding service you are helping to care for the unwanted, aged, sick and lost animals of Jersey
- £12.50 per cat per day
- Booking requires a 50% booking deposit which is non-refundable should you cancel, and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to your cat’s arrival date
Drop off and Collection:
- Drop off and collection times are from 10am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. Sunday and Bank Holiday collection is between 12pm and 1pm. Please note that Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day there is no collection time available.
- Please make your way to our reception and a member of our team will call your cat’s carer to meet you.
- You are more than welcome to visit the cattery during our opening hours (Monday to Friday 11am – 4pm) to view our boarding facilities.
- If your cat is staying with us whilst you are still in the Island, you are welcome to pop in and visit them during their stay with us.
- If you have a date to book, please contact reception on: 724331 (We are unable to assist with booking enquiries via Facebook).
Our cattery was long overdue a revamp and has now been redecorated by the Foundations Back to Work team. They have been working at the JSPCA since January 2019 and have done an amazing job.
We’ve said goodbye to the peach, yellow, pink, green and blue walls and hello to fresh white and grey, with photos of cats that we have cared for over the years put up on the walls.
All cats are special to us and we have named each of the wings in the cattery after cats that have an extra special place in our hearts (It was very difficult to pick only six).
Cat Mural by local artist Michael Ferns – http://www.michaelfernsillustration.com