***Important message for cat boarding*** [updated 13.03.20]
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak we would like to reassure all of our JSPCA customers that we have updated some of our procedures in order to look after our customers and staff.
When you arrive at the JSPCA Animals’ Shelter to drop-off your cat:
- Please bring you cat into reception
- Whilst you complete the paperwork, one of our cattery staff members will take your cat into the inspection room for their health check
- Once the health check is complete, the cattery staff member and cat will then return to reception
- You can then leave and the cattery staff member will then take your cat to the cattery
When you return, please follow our ‘pick-up’ procedure outlined below.
If you have a cat boarding with us, when you return to the JSPCA Animals’ Shelter to collect your cat:
- Please park in the visitor’s car park and remain in your car
- Then telephone reception to let us know you have arrived (01534 724 331)
- A member of the cattery team will bring your cat to the car
We thank you in advance for your cooperation
JSPCA Cattery Boarding Service
The JSPCA offers cat boarding in a modern, comfortable and safe environment, leaving you worry-free whilst away from home and confident that your cat is secure and happy. Our cattery team provide the ultimate in quality cat care ensuring your cat feels relaxed and loved while you are away.
What we offer:
- Large glass fronted kennel
- Access to their own outside run
- Fully trained members of staff dedicated to your cats welfare
- Kennels cleaned daily
- Kennels are designed utilising materials in a manner to reduce cross infection between cats
- Meals included*
- Medication administered*
- Cat pairs can stay together in one kennel if preferred
- Unlimited supply of hugs and kisses
* Food is provided unless your cat is on a specialised diet and medications can be administered if required. Unfortunately, we are unable to administer insulin.
Up to date vaccinations are essential, and proof must be provided in the form of a veterinary vaccination certificate.
- All prices include the above and your cat will be treated like family whilst in our care and by using the JSPCA boarding service, you are helping to care for the unwanted, aged, sick and lost pets of Jersey.
- £12.50 per cat per day
- Booking requires a 50% booking deposit which is non-refundable should you cancel and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to your cat’s arrival date
Drop off and Collection:
- Drop off and collection times are from 10:00 to 16:00 Monday to Saturday. Sunday and Bank Holiday collection is between 12:00 and 13:00. Please note that Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day there is no collection time available.
- Please make your way to our reception and a member of our team will call your cat’s carer to meet you.
- You are more than welcome to visit the cattery during our opening hours (Monday to Friday 11:00 – 16:00) to view our boarding facilities.
- If you cat is staying with us whilst you are still on island, you are welcome to pop in and visit them during their stay with us.
- If you have a date to book in then please contact reception on: 724331 (We are unable to assist with booking enquiries via Facebook).
Our cattery was long overdue a revamp and has now been redecorated by the Foundations Back to Work team. They’ve been working at the JSPCA since January 2019 and have done an amazing job.
We’ve said goodbye to the peach, yellow, pink, green and blue walls and hello to fresh white and grey with photos of cats that we have cared for over the years put up on the walls.
All cats are special to us and we have named each of the wings in the cattery after cats that have an extra special place in our hearts (It was very difficult to pick only six).
Cat Mural by local artist Michael Ferns – http://www.michaelfernsillustration.com